Mon, Nov 22|
Currents4Kids Subscription Sept 2021 - June 2022 (2)
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Time & Location
Nov 22, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – Jun 30, 2022, 6:00 p.m.
About The Event
Currents4Kids for the school year which is an excellent resource for your homeschooling and a value of over $200.
Currents4Kids is an online social studies resource and learning tool featuring weekly articles about important news stories. This Canadian online resource empowers students to understand and explore current events around the world. It is aimed for students in grade 3 to 6 but can be used for older or younger children.
Key features of this exciting new resource include:
- Weekly articles that orient students to important news stories and provide the background that is key to their understanding of the issue.
- On-the-Lines and Between-the-Lines quizzes that check students' reading comprehension and literacy skills. Scores are automatically sent to the teacher's account where they are easily sorted by class, student, and other criteria.
- A comment page where students can respond to the stories. Responses are sent to the teacher who can edit, request revisions, grade, or upload them to the C4K website for all subscribers to read.
- Links to relevant articles, resources, maps, photos and videos enhance and extend students' understanding of the story.
- Suggested activities including pdfs of the articles and quizzes to enhance students' language skills.
A subscription will help you to:
- Encourage non-fiction reading by providing age-appropriate, leveled, engaging and relevant text.
- Build students' vocabulary and background knowledge.
- Make better use of technology and time. Teachers may require students to read and interact with the website outside of class time; explore C4K during class, in a computer lab or using a SmartBoard or similar technology; allow students to work independently on a classroom computer once other work has been finished; print off pdfs of all key pages and explore the stories using pen and paper; use the article and resources as a springboard into an inquiry-based project.
- Provide students with an opportunity to express their opinions in a safe, structured environment and allow them to read what other students their age say on the same topics.
- Save time by automatically grading quizzes and allowing teachers to manage writing assessment online.
Most of all, Currents4Kids will excite your students about their world, and what's happening in it!
Price: $10 for the whole year (value of over $200) for 38 issues which is $0.18/issue.
Please note: WITHIN A WEEK OF YOU REGISTERING FOR THIS EVENT, YOU WILL RECIEVE AN EMAIL FROM CURRENTS4KIDS WITH LOG IN INFO. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOG ON TO THE SITE IMMIDATLY.
ONCE YOU ARE ADDED AS A TEACHER (AND HAVE RECIEVED AN EMAIL FROM CURRENTS4KIDS)
- YOU WILL CREATE YOUR OWN CLASSROOM WITH YOUR FAMILY'S LAST NAME AS THE NAME OF THE CLASSROOM
-YOU WILL THEN ADD YOUR CHILDREN AS STUDENTS
Please go to https://www.currents4kids.com/help if you have any questions setting up.
If after you have checked the site and are still having issues, you may email email@example.com for further assistance.